These days it seems like everywhere I turn I’m hearing about prayer. My pastor is preaching on it at church, as is a radio teacher I listen to often. On the way into work I happened to notice a church sign that encouraged Christians to pray. I’m surrounded by reminders!
Prayer makes dynamic power available to Christians, and can revolutionize a marriage when consistently practiced.
MW! Fan, Terrance Phillips, has recognized the power of prayer, and regularly sets aside one day of the week to pray for his fiance. The following list of items he prays about serves as an excellent model for engaged or married couples to use when praying for one another.
I pray for …
- God to reveal and develop a vision for her role in our family.
- God’s blessings on the union of our families.
- That we will be leaders in our marriage to our children and to our other family members.
- The ever growing love between us.
- Wisdom in making financial decisions.
- Hearts to live according to the will of God.
- The spiritual growth of our family.
- Healing from our past hurts (including as kids).
- God to increase our territory (blessings on current and future businesses, career endeavors and educational encounters).
- Our dependance on God and not what we see with our own physical vision.
Copyright © 2011 Kevin B. Bullard. All Rights Reserved. Permission granted to use and reproduce with proper source citation.